It’s summer time which means it’s the perfect time to leave the electronics at home, explore the beautiful outdoors and create camping memories the kids sure won’t forget. Here are a few camping do’s to keep in mind when camping with the kiddos. We’ve also listed a few of our favorite places to camp in Arizona.
– Test Run: It’s not a bad idea to do a “test run” in your backyard prior to going on a camping trip. This will give the kiddos and you an idea of what it will be like sleeping in a tent.
– Washing Station/Wipes: It’s a must that you will get dirty camping – it’s so fun exploring in nature for worms, pinecones, fishing, etc. Although at the end of the day, it’s nice to take the dirt away. Bring lots of antibacterial wipes or set up a washing station with a bucket of soap and water.
– Entertainment: Bring along some extra fun things for the kids such as bubbles, squirt guns, coloring books, binoculars, magnifying glass and card games.
– Night Time Safety: Campsites are extremely dark at night and can be scary for kiddos but you can make it fun by bringing headlamps, flashlights, book lights and lanterns.
Family Camping Sites in Arizona:
– Woods Canyon Lake: Woods Canyon is 30 miles east of Payson and a 2 hour drive from Phoenix. You can fish, rent a boat at Woods Canyon Lake and they even have a little market to get supplies/ice cream. Check out more information or reserve your camping spot here.
– Lo Lo Mai Springs: Lo Lo Mai is located between Cottonwood and Sedona. It’s located on the creek and offers restrooms/showers, swimming pool, spa and playground. They also have a little market to get supplies. Check out this fun camp site here.
– Flagstaff KOA: If you are more of a “glamping” kind of family this is the place for you! You can rent tents/cabins, they have WiFi, Cable TV, bathrooms/showers, bicycle rentals and a cafe that serves breakfast every morning. You can get more information about Flagstaff KOA here.
We hope you found the above useful as camping with family is a lot of fun! Relax and enjoy making outdoor memories with your family.
Happy Camping ~