Meticulous Screening Process
Caring Nannies has a rigorous screening process to ensure that you hire only the best nannies and domestic staff. Our candidates must meet the following standards:
- Phone Screening to verify that the nanny has a minimum of two to five years experience (most of our candidates have 4 to 8 years experience.
- Able to give a one year or longer commitment
- Must be good communicator
- Five page detailed application about their experience and family background is completed.
- Personal interview with additional questions related to their field of expertise.
- International Nanny Association Basic Skills Exam
- On-line presence monitored
- A 31 question phone interview is conducted with three references.
- Educational verification of last level completed and licenses checked where applicable.
- Proof of legal US work status
- Document verification: Driver’s License, proof of auto insurance, certifications, diplomas
- Verification of minimum age 20 with high school diploma.
- Verification of non-smoker status, no visible tattoos.
- Three year motor vehicle record
- Social security trace, aka People Search, going back 7 years
- Seven year County and National Criminal Background Checks
- Sex Offender Check
- CPR and First Aid Classes are updated.
- Random Drug Screening
How it works
The process of finding a nanny through a full-service agency is simple, because we’ve done all the work behind the scenes. That means that you will only see candidates who are a close match for your household.
- Fill out the Family Application. This forces you to think through all of your needs and preferences, and saves you time.
- Your placement counselor will call you and ask more questions to be sure that you’re only sent candidates who match your expectations. She will ask questions you may not have considered, saving you stress by not interviewing candidates that won’t work.
- Detailed information on the candidates who most closely meet your needs is sent to you. After reading through detailed profiles, including their five page applications, interviewer comments, and detailed references from former employers, you schedule your top choices for in-person interviews. After each interview, your Placement Counselor will check in with you to get your feedback.
- Invite your top choice(s) to do a working trial, preferably for a full week, minimally for a half day.
- Extend an offer to your top pick.
- Caring Nannies sends you all the background information on your candidate.
- Fill out a Working Agreement with your caregiver and send it into the office. We find that long-term, satisfying relationships are the result of having this written agreement.
- Meet monthly with your employee to ‘clear the clutter’ in your relationship and to tweak your Working Agreement. Honest and open communication is the key to long term, satisfying employer-nanny relationships. Our office is available to you and your nanny to answer questions or clarify andy misunderstandings or to offer advice.
- Caring Nannies follows up with you and your nanny for the first year and longer.
- We offer 34+ years of experience of screening and placing high caliber nannies and domestic staff who are mature enough to take their position as a Nanny seriously. Our detailed placement process is personalized to your specific needs. We don’t waste your time.
- All records are open to you.
- We are available throughout the placement for consultation.
- We supply employment tools and valuable information about taxes.
- We offer a three month guarantee on placements.
- We make follow-up contact with both the Family and the Nanny throughout the first year and beyond, and are available to confidentially help resolve problems that may arise.