What’s the Process? It’s easy!
1. Check the Qualifications Below
- Minimum of two years professional verifiable experience outside friends and family
- Have a High School Diploma if you were born in the US
- 20 years old or older
- Able to save a child in a backyard pool-good swimmer
- Speak English well
- Non smoker
- Free of visible tattoos
- No criminal convictions
- Have a reliable car, valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and a good driving record.
- Able to commit to a minimum of one year or longer
2. Which Job is right for you?
Newborn Specialist or Doula
3. Fill out the online application
It is important to do this first. We make it easy for you to do it all online.
Schedule an interview with our friendly, supportive staff
Before you come to the interview, please make sure you have –
- Proof of auto insurance
- A copy of your driver’s license
- Current CPR and First Aid cards
- Your latest transcript or diploma
- Proof of ability to work in the US if you weren’t born here.
This is expedited when you contact your references and provide us with up to date phone numbers or email addresses for your references.
After the reference checks have been completed, you will receive an email letting you know if you have been accepted.
Complete the Personality Profile online.
Matching, interview, working interview and working agreement
Once the screening process is complete, your profile and references are emailed to families whose positions you have requested. Families contact you directly to schedule appointments for interviews. When you accept an interview or a working Interview, it is important to contact the office to let us know.
After a phone interview, and in person interview, the family will ask you for a working interview, and this can be up to a full week, so as to give both parties an opportunity to be sure they can work together long term. The family will pay you for this week of work and near the end of the week, you will go through the working agreement together, and sign it. This document will delineate your duties, hours, pay, vacation, paid holidays and much more.
Start your new job! Congratulations!
Call us for advice, suggestions, concerns, questions or problems. We keep in touch with you quarterly, but we’re always here for you and we’d love to see you at our ongoing trainings or events. We want to see you connected with the nanny community as well.