Mother’s Day is a celebration of honoring all the amazing mom’s, grandma’s, aunts, sister’s and anyone who has played a motherly role in your life. It’s a day to show these special women how much you love and appreciate them.
As a nanny, here are some suggestions on how to ensure the mom you nanny for enjoy their special day.
- Make a craft with their kiddos: A few popular, easy and non-expensive crafts are handprint cards, handprint pots (fill with mom’s favorite flowers), bookmarks, salt dough handprint or check out fun money mom for 11 adorable Mother’s Day Crafts.
- Tidy the House: We think all mom’s appreciate a tidy house and can relax easier when they know the house is cleaned. As a nanny, maybe go above and beyond to make sure the house is cleaned, even if it’s tasks you don’t do on a daily basis such as vacuuming, dusting, dishes, laundry or mopping.
- Plant Flowers: Take their kiddo to Lowes or Home Depot to pick out some flowers for outside to plant together. Moving forward, the mom and child can water the plant together making it a special time for both.
- Redbox: Rent a kid friendly movie ahead of time along with popcorn/snacks so that the mom and kiddo can watch it together creating a relaxing, enjoyable memory.
- Picture Frame: Take a picture of their kiddo and then make a popsicle stick frame together. Mom’s love homemade gifts. Check out this cute popsicle frame.
- Time: Give the gift of time to the mama. Maybe go in early or stay late next time you nanny for their kiddo to help with morning/evening routine’s or give them an extra hour or two unpaid to give the mom an opportunity to go shopping/date night/mani & pedi or just to run errands.
We hope you have found these gift ideas helpful and we hope you enjoy spoiling your mama’s! We wish all mom’s out there a very Happy Mother’s Day from Caring Nannies! Enjoy your day – you deserve it!